Saturday 26 April 2014

Please Don't Fall In Love...With Me.



Please don’t fall in love with me –
-If Christ hasn’t already ‘beat me’ to your heart.

If your love is no extension of your adoration of He,
What then will happen when your ‘feelings’ fade?
What do you think would be the fate of me
If the affections I manipulated trickle away?
Tell me, will I not then be a charade?

I’d love if you could indulge me and paint this scenario
Of what would most likely happen if I don’t say no.
What happens when you can’t find what you fell in love with anymore?
When you take me off that pedestal and toss me to the floor?

Come, let me hold that paintbrush
As it appears too great a weight for your mind.
Let me reveal to you how my refusal to rush
Is not sibling to any inability to unwind.

I will tell you what will happen;
You’ll rise from that fallen position.
You’ll get up, put your clothing in order,
And leave me staring at your back.
Yet as you walk away, your steps further crush
An already broken heart.
All because you never loved me right
Right from the start.

So you might hate me now when I turn you down,
Respond to my smiled greetings with a perpetual frown;
You could make fun of me with your friends,
Make jest of my principles to no perceivable end.
You may title me a coward or seasoned actor
In response to not relenting on my compulsory ‘God-factor’.
You may think me inane, unreal or a prude;
But since your thoughts will never change mine,
I doubt they do you any good.

So please don’t fall in love with me,
If Christ hasn’t beat me to your heart.
Because any love void of HIM is a counterfeit…
And nobody wants that.

3 comments:

  1. Please do share your relationship thoughts...whether you are in agreement or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in total agreement! Keep it up Kwiksie. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Akelachi. Pleased to know we think alike. ;) :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts on this... :)