Wednesday 21 May 2014

We'll Break It Down A Little.

Hi people!
Top of the morning-noon-evening (depending on your time zone really) to you. How has ''May'' been? Personally, i've been having a blast. I'm home now, will be starting work as an intern soon, surrounded by great friends and family...life was never better. Honestly.

Anyway, while discussing writing and my blogging with my mom and a friend, i mentioned how my posts here are often rather long and how it excites me when i see a lot of views because i know most people are so busy that it takes alot to scrape off even a couple of minutes to sit and read something you don't even have 100% assurance will be worth your while (trust me, i know how that can be). So, i find it very encouraging when people read and even go the extra mile of sharing their thoughts and opinions on posts.

However, i've become more sensitive to the possibility (more like fact) that the lengths of some write-ups can really desensitize a whole lot of people from reading. For instance, if you've got limited access to the internet, or just a brief time-frame to take a break from some task or the other, it makes sense that if you happened to stumble across some piece of literature that catches your interest, you wouldn't mind taking a quick look at it. But if after your mind has been conditioned for a quick 'run-through' you find an epistle instead...you get the point.

So as we talked i expressed my knowledge of the existence of this challenge and how i ceaselessly sought for ways to make the posts more interesting but then, i was given an even better idea. Why not make the posts SHORTER?!

I know you're probably thinking, "Well du-uh! It's not rocket science!" and i can believe you because 'blogging' and 'rocket science' don't even sound alike. #ThatWasMeantToBeAJoke ;)
Truth be told i've been considering cutting the long stories short for quite some time to make them more 'reader friendly' but many a time it astounds even I how difficult a task i find creating posts that are not on the lengthy side to be. I mean, once i set my fingers to the keyboard i just keep going till my brain or heart or both, inform me that the next period i type should be the last. #sigh

But, i have made up my mind to try harder to break things down a little. This post is mainly to help me keep to my word because as i have now made known my intentions, i'm pretty much duty-bound to stay true to what i've proposed. Please try not to misunderstand the word 'short' to mean 1 paragraph or two though - the lengths of the write-ups may be considered short when compared to my previous style of going on almost forever. Hehehe. Now you all will be getting more of Part 1s, 2s and 3s, etc, of various posts.

I hope this decision helps someone and makes it easier for all to read on the spot rather than procrastinate constantly; but if you actually preferred my lengthy posts, do comment and let me know and i'll be sure to break the flow...just for you. :D

Have an amazing 'rest of the day-evening-night' people. ^_^

xxx, Kwiksie~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this... :)