Tuesday 16 July 2013

Life: It Isn't Your's To Take.

Hi people. Hope you’ve all been well? Long time no post… ;)
Come to think of it, it has been quite some time since I’ve been active here hasn’t it? Well, I sincerely apologize for that; I let a lot of activities get in the way of my ‘blogging’ time. Lol.

A lot of things have been happening these past few months that have been weighing on my heart to a high degree, not just with me mind you, but on a larger scope. I mean, I’ve got loved ones who informed me that they’re yet denied a college education, all thanks to the exceedingly untrustworthy and, sad to say, highly decomposed state of the educational system in my beloved country and as if that hardly encouraging update on their affairs wasn’t bad enough, just yesterday I was hit with the very much unpleasant news that yet another two people known to me, from my high school this time, have passed away. To top these few, there are all the various goings-on around the globe; the unrest in this country, the natural disaster in that, the economic meltdown in so-so region, the rise in the crime rates in another…the troubles seem endless sometimes, don’t they?

Yes, they do.

To be honest, they tend to overwhelm a person----heck, I’d be overwhelmed myself if I didn’t have Christ! It’s the truth! Because there is just so much that we emotionally fragile human beings can deal with on our own and when the issues, which most certainly will arise, exceed our ‘i-can-handle-it’ meter, we break down. End of story.

But you see, our stories don’t all have to be tragedies; and neither do we all have to play the victim. Who was it that said; “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”? See that there is very useful advice. Now anyone telling you it’ll be easy to turn that sour lemon into a nice, refreshing, tasty drink…is a massive liar. Of course it won’t be easy, but you can never say a task was challenging if you never made an attempt at it now can you? Yeah, I didn’t think so either.


You know what I’ve learned over time? No human being is to be praised nor blamed for my position or predicament. You heard me (or read me) correctly; no one. You want to know why? Because the conclusion of this journey I call my life, whether pleasant or disheartening will be resulting from my decisions. There will be people, factors, situations and experiences that will serve either as stepping stones or stumbling blocks along the way to boost or possibly break me, but where I end up is as a result of the critical choices I’d have made on the way. I simply must take responsibility for them. Of course, God is always faithful and gracious to reward they who completely rely on Him, seek His will and follow His leading. 

i.e The ‘right’ choices that prove profitable in the long run and we can take pride in must be the ones that obey, please and honor Him on every level and in every way. (Philippians 1:11// Galatians 6:14// 2Corinthians 10:17-18 and 1 Corinthians 10:31). Anything outside that is bound to flop…eventually.

Very often, I get to hear some very moving life stories. Either via the media, or someone repeating a story they’d heard or when an individual chooses to share a personal experience with me. You know sometimes it can feel like there are a lot of forces viciously working against you and the temptation to melt into a pool of pity arises, but then you hear of some really pathetic, almost unbelievable experiences of the next person which just totally break your heart and you wonder; “How did they hold it together this long?”, “What must they have felt?”, etc. It’s happened to me countless times, there I am feeling thoroughly sorry for myself for some mean hand fate’s dealt to me…till someone’s much more harrowing situation jerks me back to being thankful for whatever good thing I’ve got going in my life.
There’s ALWAYS something to be grateful for that should keep you going!!!

I’m sick and tired of the way ‘giving up’, ‘giving in’ and ‘getting beat’ by circumstances has become the new fad. 
Oh, and you want to know the ultra-modern, fast spreading ‘cheap exit’ we seem to have come up with when ‘we’ve just had enough and can’t take it anymore!’? Suicide.







Sure, hit me with all the ‘it’s MY life!’, ‘you just don’t understand’, ‘there’s nothing else one can do’, ‘it’s the only way’ or better yet, ‘you’ll do the same if you were in their shoes’ that you’ve got. You know what I say?

WRONG! WRONG!! WRONG!!!

You know why? Because it is wrong, that’s why.


First of all, it’s not your call. You did not create yourself nor give yourself life (Genesis 2:7); God did. Imagine if when the first Apple product was produced, it was configured to pack up after a stipulated period of time during which it ought to have performed a series of tasks for its owner, despite the fact that the device had the ‘ability’ to permanently shut itself down whenever it ‘chose’; only for many of the products in question to so ‘choose’ to shut down without accomplishing any of the tasks they were designed and produced to. Would you consider that fair to the producer, who would suffer staggering loss? Would the devices have added any value to their numerous owners who never got to take advantage of all they had to offer? Do you think the producer will be pleased that his prized creation would have to go to the junk heap, without fulfilling that for which it was made? No, I seriously doubt that.

God, you see, took the time and love to make you and give you life. He made you in His image, gave you His breath, sacrificed His ONLY son (John 3:16) and then provided the manual by which He wanted you to operate on this earth, so that you would add value to the numerous people who’d need to take advantage of the truth and knowledge of Him that you’d have to offer. He owns all that you are…how then can it be ‘right’ for you to deny Him of what is His right

Think about it...please.

xxx, Kwiksie~

To Be Continued On Next Post…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this... :)