Tuesday 25 June 2013

Too Comfortable.


I really thought I had it covered,
Like it were right in the palm of my hand.
Making the right speeches, announcing the right doings;
With the scolding, head-shaking and correcting
I temporarily impersonated perfection.
But the solution to the unformed riddle,
Is that I’ve become too comfortable.

The less noticeable but constant errs trivialized
While activities void of substance are my consolation.
Convicting with looks and convincing with words;
My performance gets better, the performer turns worse.
Recounting exaggerated tales with the appropriate diction and metaphors
Yet I’ve become the outsider looking in at the better person that I was
And what the reason for this switch is…I’m at a loss.
So with the best and the mediocre and me stuck in the middle
It’s become very obvious that I’ve been way too comfortable.

A wane in my formerly intense passion,
Mortalizing my divinity aimed devotion.
Separating my ALL from you and replacing it with ‘some’,
More ashamed at my lack of doing over what I’ve actually done.
Too convinced that me attaining a few parts meant wholly complete,
Over confident in my knowledge of you, I let the times we communicated replete.
I was firm till I became unstable,
I love you but have become too comfortable.

You need actions, less words.
You seek Constance not once.
I tried but hoarded my best,
Completely giving you less.
I put you second in line
The second I auctioned our time.
And so let me make this vow, not for the future but now;
The moment I start to relax or put my pride in mere acts,
I’ll freeze right in my tracks and in humility seek you.
Because I can’t love you as I should when I’m too comfortable.
...................................................................................................................................................................

Stay blessed you all.

xxx, kwiksie~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this... :)