Sunday 25 August 2013

Learning To Listen

Hi you blessed bunch! How are you doing?! :) Kinda missed writing for you though...

Well, i'd just like to share a recent experience i had when struggling to find the best way possible to solve an issue.
Or rather, a dilemma.
A dilemma i was faced with while attempting to figure out my next step in this life journey of mine. And in case you've not sniffed out the hint...yes, it was a very important choice i had to make.
So i had it all figured out yeah. These were my plans, such and such is what i intended to do in so and so time and whether or not it was scriptural; as long as it was what i wanted it was fine.
But you see, it really wasn't.
The entire thing started getting so messy, nothing was working out as it was supposed to. Stuff i needed to make my great dream(s) come true were just not available! It was frustrating i tell you.
I fought and i fought and i wouldn't listen if it wasn't my headstrong will speaking. I even  tuned up my stubborness and selective hearing but the effects were still unsatisfactory.
Yeah. I was at a cross-road alright, Problem is, i wasn't even sure if i was meant to choose a path anymore. I'd spent so much time confusing myself, both sides seemed wrong.
But even that thought didn't sit right in my heart.
So, eventually, i chose to do what i was supposed to from the very beginning. I chose to talk to God.
I mean, He'd spoken initially but immediately after...i took off! I figured there were still some parts of the conversation left hanging but, y'know' i just filled in the blanks with what i considered appropriate. And convenient. Without His final consent. Such silliness...i know right?

I guess that's where i missed it.

Soon enough though, when i got my priorities straight and my reasoning faculty was once again functioning optimally, i let Him calm and lead me. His reassuring and yet firm voice was all the soothing i'd need. Things became a lot less turbulent when it was to His voice, and not mine, my heart paid heed.

In the end, the confusion i aided my assumptions in creating offered zero comfort so i figured waiting for His time was of much more worth...and believe you me, it was.

Trusting God and trusting in Him is always more fulfilling and useful. Than worrying about the future, living in fear or worry about what might go wrong or not go very right, doubting His complete ability to deal perfectly with all that concerns me (you, your familiy, etc). Methinks sometimes we all need a refresher course in faith, trust, humility and obedience. I suppose this was mine...

Lesson learned. :)

Proverbs 14:26// Proverbs 3:7// Ephesians 3:20// Proverbs 3:5// Psalm 106:1

xxx, kwiksie~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this... :)