Thursday 31 July 2014

Kwiksie Vs. The Cockroaches: It had to come to this. (part 2)

Many might think that this here story (the part one of this post) is a product of some over stretched figment of my imagination, personalized solely to contribute to your comic relief.

Well, it’s not.


The ‘fraidy cat’ Kwiksie described in that story illustration is an accurate description of the person I was around cockroaches a few years ago. I was officially PETRIFIED of those disgusting creatures (my apologies to any roach lover reading). In fact, the illustration is an upgrade. Once, when I was about seven or eight years old, I was alone at home with my sister (she was asleep in the bedroom and I was in the living room) when all of a sudden the electricity went out. It was about 6:30pm and I had only recently learned on National Geographic that the creatures preferred being in dark environments. Well, good ol’ Kwiksie ran out of her house, all the way to the neighbors’ and sat on their back step till about 7:45 when Daddy (finally) came home. I had never been so glad to see anyone, and you know why? Because at that time, Daddy represented the one who would slay any evil roach that tried to attack me. Silly huh? Well it was pretty serious to me.

But I’m not that girl anymore.

These days, I kill them with a vengeance. My reaction now is more like; “You know I hate you guys so how dare you come into my presence?” So I just attack and right then all I’m thinking is – DIE! I even developed a sort of sixth sense for the things to the point that I would immediately know when a roach was in the same room I was in. Then, I used that habit to flee in fear. Now, it helps me kill ‘em.
For those who can’t even stand the talk of these creatures, I’m sorry I put you through all that and thank you for staying with me so far. I’m heading somewhere.
Now while I was slaying these things yester night just as I’d begun preparing supper, the Holy Spirit hinted something to me. You know what many believers react to the way I used to react to roaches?

Sin.

Understand me. Someone may be going; “Well du-uh! Aren’t we supposed to flee from sin?” Well, 1 Thesselonians 5:22 advises that we “abstain from all appearance of evil”, the meanings are different. Plus I never saw anything that said we should be afraid of sin. In fact, once fear gets into the equation, the action already has a large X drawn across it. The God you and I serve, as believers in Jesus Christ, has structured us to function in faith and not fear (Hebrews 11:6). Fear is the devil’s thing, not God’s. You think He was pleased when His daughter (me) kept repeatedly running like a headless chicken over insects the size of her thumb? I don’t think so. The sight probably saddened Him greatly.

Why?
Because in Jesus Christ we’ve got the victory! He has given us authority and dominion over sickness, disease, death, poverty, the law, SIN…and yes, even roaches. These things don’t call the shots any more in our lives - UnleSs We leT thEm (Hosea 4:6). There are too many of us who live in fear of sin. We’re always thinking about it, always scared we might fall into it and offend God, always on the lookout for it, always worrying that we might never be free from it ---

Stop.

Ephesians 2:8 says; “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.” Just as we are too unqualified to bring ourselves salvation from all our sins and require the grace of God to make provision for us through the gift of His son Jesus, so also do we need His faith. We never had the faith we needed to receive this grace (which made provision for redemption) so God gave it to us, that we may believe and be saved.
In other words, we have our heavenly father’s faith residing in us. Faith that is more than enough to overcome every doubt, fear, worry, etc. that dares come our way. So let’s end the ‘wacky races’ and nip the issue in the bud. Jesus has given us the victory over those bad habits, wrong thoughts, unhealthy attitudes, and whatever sin may try to appear in our lives. We really should be attacking them and dealing with them at the get-go and not tuck-tail fleeing (James 4:7 – Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.)

See? The running away thing is the devil's job, not ours.

It’s in our weakness that His strength is made perfect so understand that this isn’t about trying to ‘muscle’ your way around the sin but rather, relying on the strength of your savior to do away with all that needs to be trashed.
Get angry with sin. Get intolerant of sin. Get mega grounded in His word till you can spot sin a mile away…
...then attack and yell; “DIE!”
:D God bless!
xxx, Kwiksie~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this... :)