Tuesday 5 August 2014

The 'The Woman I Want To Be' series.

When I was a child, I acted accordingly. Now I am grown (growing), I have put childish ways behind me. Dear God, we both know I am and would be nothing outside of your love. I don't take for granted the sacrifice you willingly made for me and wholeheartedly desire to be daily shaped into the women you had in mind when you thought of me; long before this earth’s beginning.I am twenty older now and aware time is not one to pause. I am also fully in the know that you have placed me in this earth, in this country, in this generation and in this frame of time for a distinct cause. I just want to fulfill it Lord. I desire to be so in sync with your desires, that my entire life becomes merely an extension of your heart.

This is the woman I choose to be. This is the woman i am.


_______________________________________________________
This entire series is basically a reminder to myself really, of the things i value and the principles by which my living is (or should be) guided. From the time i thought of penning this down i had an inkling i was going to be sharing it eventually so that's why i'm doing this. :) I completed it awhile ago though but just never got around to putting it up here.
By description, this is basically a 12-point write up on a list of qualities and behavior traits i desire to portray from this point-in-time in my life and onward. Yes i'm 'young' (whatever that really means though) but i'm not a little girl anymore who can live in some 'pretend-world' with thoughtless abandon.
No. No thanks.
So since young is definitely not synonymous with irresponsibility, wild folly or being careless about the future and the consequences of one's actions (although most of the media today would like us to think that), i figure it wouldn't hurt to have some scripture based knowledge and principles engraved into my system so they become a lifestyle in no time (instead of bad habits i need to toil to change later on). Thus i'm going to be posting each of them (maybe or maybe not in sequence) and if eventually there's anyone interested in recieving the entire PDF file (for ease of access or whatever), feel free to shoot me a mail - kwiksie@yahoo.com - and i'll be sure to get it to you as soon as i can. Please note that the format i wrote it in was more like a 'Letter to God' kind of thing; so all the 'Yous' you'll see all over the place are really aimed at Him. ^_^

Ok then. Here's #1:
 The woman whose pride and confidence lie in you. 
I do not want to derive assurance from fickle things of little consequence. I want to be an epitome of what the healthy self-image is – seeing one the way God does. Let my being unaffected by any negative, unwholesome, derogatory or biased opinions expressed by others never be as a result of arrogance or trust in any skills, gifts/talents, appearance or social and economic endowments that I might have. Instead, may my assuredness lie in the fact that I know how precious I am to you and that you are the most reliable person there is.
I am of value because by You I am valued.

And may we all remember that. <3




See you soon!
xxx, Kwiksie~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this... :)