Monday 23 February 2015

Think_About_Me

#Think_About_Me

It’s convenient to forget
Acting in contradiction to your depth.
Playing solo and doing whatever you want to…
As though unaware that I’ve always got you.
So they don’t understand? Yeah I get it.
And the fact is everybody’s got their limit.
But before you get mad and throw a flesh-happy tantrum
Give me a thought for a second would you hon?

Lately relationships have been a mess and you’re irritated
Till it’s like every moment you hung in there’s been wasted.
You’re working really hard and still they’re giving you grief
Forgiving and appearing cowardly since all they want is beef.
So what’s the point if all your efforts keep biting the dust?
It’s like they owe you but you never stop paying these costs!
So you shut them out; they deserve neither love nor time
But before you made that decision tell me, did I cross your mind?

The question burning in your heart is “Why on earth do I bother?”
Your toil, pain & sweat lies disregarded yet they talk of honest labor.
Well mother always said opportunity comes but once,
And isn’t it the righteous who ought to be taking by force?
So forget the patient dog - you prefer flesh to bones
And it’s fine long as you get what you deserve, they’re on their own.
Because before you ever owned a bed, you imagine they’d all made theirs,
So is this why you revel in your greed and ignore the needy’s tears?

You may be thinking I’m a really hard person to please.
But those who know me would tell you that they disagree.
Please don’t assume you’re the only person stuff happens to
You’ve made me go through much worse…yet still I love you.
I do not want everything – just all of your heart;
‘Cus I could reach everywhere else as soon as I get that.
I’m very much in love with you, though often you think me a pain.
It’s little wonder you keep whining though…when you could just say my name...


1 comment:

  1. There are several experiences or situations we go through that are just bound to get on our nerves, Trust me, i know.
    However it helps sometimes to pause and carefully consider; "Will i ever regret acting based on these feelings/emotions?", "Is this worth my joy?", "Should i muscle my way through these trials or just surrender it all into God's care?"...

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts on this... :)