Saturday 30 August 2014

'The Woman I Want To Be' series (4)

     The woman who walks in humility and obedience.

     I know that amongst the things you detest Lord, are haughty eyes and an arrogant spirit. I also am aware that you’d rather I act in obedience than perform a string of sanctimonious acts of a sacrificial fashion. Not that a sacrificial nature is wrong, but that it does not impress you when expressed in contradiction to your word and will. I get that. I aim to be characterized by humility; known for one having a teachable heart. In all my knowing, may I never assume the attitude of one who thinks she knows it all and may I never let pride, conceit or self-deceit hinder me from attaining instruction from others, be they of any age, race, background or skill. Most especially Father, may I never assume your place in my life by trying to lead myself. Let me be extra-sensitive to your voice and empowered with the grace to obey your every instruction – unquestioningly, wholeheartedly and without any iota of doubt.

I submit myself to and yield to your will Lord God…just as Christ did.

:)
xxx, Kwiksie.~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this... :)