Thursday 21 August 2014

It's Free...for now.



You’ve been disappointed
But i wasn't the one to deal you a bad hand.
Talk to your expectations about that.
Way too much pressure
Beneath which i was barely able to stand.
What do you take me for?
Is my breath an extension of yours'?
My life now your pawn?
Can't be.

Do what you want

Just don’t expect it from me.
Because unlike you,
I don't require return on everything I give.
It would be too ironic
For 'freely' are they claimed to be released.
Yet are they really?
Or do you yet play the jester?

Cloaking a habit known, the spirit, to vex
Beneath plastic smiles and tinkering laughter.
It is a recipe for offence
And many a downturn of the lips.
Is your kindness no more a gift?
Or has it been loaned in expectation of returns?
If your generosity is never for keeps
Why expect the goodwill to last at my turn?

Far reaching it is
To seek that from another
That which is yet foggy to you.

There's but One who is certain

Of every aspect of the future.
If we are both students
Why must you seek i teach you?
I may not promise you gifts tomorrow
For the furture cannot be purchased.
All i do have for you right now is love
Originated from its origin.

Yet if in the end
I shed it abroad simply to enable me glean
Think you not my motives already polluted
Before they became an action?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this... :)